Wednesday, May 30, 2007

First exposure to Blogger

Putting this blog on Blogger was intentional. If I am writing about Google then I should use Google to do so. As Google has said they eat their own dog food . So shall I, so far tasting pretty good.

Well, back to setting up Blogger. Overall, very quick and easy. The longest part of the process was choosing a name that wasn’t already in use. With that obstacle behind me on to the template. Again very easy, though I want to tweak it;. why, because I can. Blogging for another day on that one.

For today I had three goals.

  • Setup blog, done, easy
  • Setup AdSense, done. Fairly easy. I had an AdSense account already and want to use that account. The option was there and it all seemed to work fine. The only issue was that an email was sent by AdSense for me verify the access. I didn’t expect that and went on a little troubleshooting adventure. Then I checked my email and found the missing link. I didn’t see any indication that I should be looking for the email. Not a big deal just would easier if I had know to check my email.
  • Setup Analytics, done, easy. I have used Analytics on quite a few sites, so setting up a new website profile and inserting the tracking code was old hat. I was surprised Blogger didn’t have a point and click way to add the tracking code. Like they do for AdSense.

Over all and B+ for Blogger and my first impressions.

Thanks for reading

No comments: