Thursday, May 31, 2007

Taking your Google Reader off-line

I have a 1+ bus ride home everyday. So when I heard I can take Google Reader off-line my curiosity was peaked. So how does this work? What is this Google Gears thing?

So clicked on the Google Gears link blindly choose the download button. Okay, so I trust Google a little to much sometimes. Gears installed and then I restarted Firefox.

GoogleGearExt

Okay so now what? Then I open on up Google Reader and get little pop window asking me if I trust www.google.com? Sure I do. Click yes and lets see what happens.

del.icio.us Tags: ,

GReaderMenu1 A new Icon in my Google Reader menu. Pretty green isn't it? New menu item, better click on it.

GReaderMenu2 Oh, look at the great Web 2.0 UI! Two thousand item, that should cover the ride home. Have to try it tonight. See what happens. I will try and report back tomorrow.

No comments: