Friday, August 31, 2007

AdSense and Zlio

The AdSence blog had an entry about AdSence on Commerce SiteThey showcased Zlio.com.  I must admit and nice integration of AdSence and Zlio.

This was my first introduction to Zlio.  An interesting concept.  I am not sure how successful anyone can be at building these Zlio sites, I suppose like AdSense you can make a few dollars.

The concept behind Zlio, best I can tell, is that the site advertises products available by other online retailers.  The retailers pay commission on sales.  I just don't know how likely you are to drive traffic to the Zlio sites to encourage people to purchase from your site.

Would a non-profit be able to ask their members to use the site?  Thus the organization could raise some money. I suppose that is an approach.  However, to build a store with Zlio that would have to use that broad range products would take quite some time to add to the store.  

I am going to play with this some more and see what happens.  I will try and report back.

Have a nice weekend. 

No comments: