Monday, October 15, 2007

GMail - 6 GB by January 2008

Last week I blogged about GMail increasing their storage quotes.  I was expecting a 5% increase or something like that.

I was way off.  We are going to 6 GB by January!  I noticed that my standard GMail account was growing very rapidly. 

So I Googled and found a Blog entry on the Google Operating System blog that really sum it all up and what we can expect.

Keep in mind these increases also will be seen by the Google Apps standard and Education editions.  That role out has start from what I see and read.  I have few domains on Google Apps standard and the oldest and most heavily used, has started to grow.

The one on the Education Edition, has not start to grow yet.  From what I have read there is no obvious rime or reason to who grows first, except GMail users.  I am sure Google will get us all caught up though.

No comments: