Friday, October 12, 2007

GMail - Doing their part for the economy

Gmail has announced today that they will be help the hard drive producers meet their projections on sales.  How, you might ask.  By adding even more storage to GMail. 

The counter is going move faster.  Plus, they are going to match GMail storage quotas for Google App users.  Or at least the Education and Standard editions.  That's a lot of big mailboxes to support.

As to the enterprise customers, they go from 10 GB to 25 GB at the same cost. That is amazing. 

I don't know how they do it.  I know most don't use nearly as much space as their quota.  But Google App users must be racking up the space.  My company uses it and I don't throw away much.  So my usage keeps going up.  Same with all the accounts in my domain.  In a few years that will be a lot of storage. 

Oh well, so far so good.  Google keep up the great work. 

No comments: